Did you get a new internet service provider or change your Wi-Fi password? Maybe you’re a new homeowner of an APS solar system? In any case, follow these instructions to get your APS Energy Communication Unit (ECU) back online!
To connect your ECU to WiFi, you’ll need a smartphone or tablet on hand, and be sure to have the “EMA Manager” App downloaded.
Note: This is a different app than the “EMA App” normally used to monitor your solar system
This app can be downloaded:
For Android devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apsystem.installertool
For iOS devices: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ema-manager/id1538883821
1. Locate your APsystems ECU unit and be sure it’s plugged in and has power. Press the “AP” button found on the side.
2. On your smartphone or tablet, go to your WiFi settings, and select the network named “ECU_#############” that appears after about a minute.
3. Enter the password “88888888”.
4. Open the “EMA Manager” App, and be sure to select “Local access” to connect directly to your ECU.
5. From the homescreen, note the “Internet Disconnected” status. Select “Workspace” at the bottom.
Note: If possible, we recommend connecting your ECU directly to your internet router with an Ethernet cable. If you can do this, skip all the way to step #10!
6. Select “ECU Network Settings” from the Workspace menu
7. Select “WLAN Settings” to choose your Wi-Fi network
8. Toggle WLAN (also known as Wi-Fi) on, the toggle switch should be orange
9. Choose your Wi-Fi network from the list that appears, and enter your Wi-Fi password
10. To confirm you are connected, go back to the “Home” screen of the EMA Manager App, and after a few minutes the status should change to “Internet Connected”
Note that your solar system will report production data every 20 minutes, so you may not see anything appear immediately. If your system has been offline for a long period of time, it may take several hours for old production data to be uploaded.
Still not connecting? Contact Ecotech Solar service and let us help.